Posts Tagged ‘hostname’

DB2 notifications

February 16, 2012

Notifications are used in two parts of DB2 – Health Center and Task Center. Configuration is pretty simple. Go to Control Center – Task Center – Tools – Contacts and click on SMTP Server button. Fill here the FQDN of your mail server.  Then add contacts. After that you can use them during scheduled task configuration on Notifications tab.

To configure Health Center notifications go to Control Center – Health Center – Health Center – Configure – Alert Notification. In Configure Health Alert Notification window select instance and add contacts to Health Notification Contact List.

It may look like this is it. However, there is one issue we ran into. Sometimes DB2 sends emails using just a host name, without the domain part, like db2admin@sqldb2. All modern servers won’t allow sender address not in FQDN format. So we had to add DB2 server IP into white list on our Postfix mail server using check_client_access parameter.

Changing hostname of the DB2 server

February 14, 2012

Recently we’ve migrated our DB2 instance to a new server. This involved moving domain name of the old server to the new one. We didn’t change the name of the new server, but just made an alias. After that we changed domain name of the old server because we wanted to leave a backup ground in case something happens. However, after reboot old database refused to start. I found good article here on IBM site, but I couldn’t run any DB2 command from CLI, they stopped working all at once.

The tip here is to go to HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ IBM\ DB2\ GLOBAL_PROFILE and HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ IBM\ DB2\ InstalledCopies\ DB2COPY1\ GLOBAL_PROFILE branches of the registry and change DB2_ADMINGROUP, DB2_USERSGROUP and DB2SYSTEM accordingly. After restart I was able to run DB2 CLI commands.

Then I stick to the IBM article. Particularly I ran the following commands:

db2 uncatalog node SQL
db2 catalog admin tcpip node OLDSQL remote OLDSQL system OLDSQL
db2 update admin cfg using DB2SYSTEM OLDSQL
db2 update admin cfg using SMTP_SERVER OLDSQL

This, along with two reboots, solved the problem.